Sunday, July 28, 2019

Bush Sydney, Redfern


You know that feeling of joy from finally experiencing something that you’ve been wanting for so long? That happened to me recently at the new Bush Sydney. I’ve been following them on instagram for a long time hoping to go to one of their burger pop-ups. 




Thankfully, Grant and team Bush have recently opened their very own shop on George Street in Redfern. The space has an Aussie outback/bush themed vibe with a mixture of communal tables, a counter seating and some tables for 2. There’s also a courtyard at the back. They have a minimal menu that consists of some great feeds.


It’s a big call but in my honest opinion, they make the best cheeseburger ($12) in Sydney. It consists of a perfect smash beef patty, American cheese, a house special creamy savoury sauce, onions and pickles in a soft milk bun. That’s my ideal cheeseburger! Their patty reminds me of Shake Shack’s patty. It had an umami packed caramelised crust and a fatty juicy coarse mince. You can also ask to add another patty for an extra $2. The crinkled chips is $6.

They also do classic curry kangaroo pies for $6. This is an oldie but a damn goodie!

Another nostalgic option on the menu is the fairy bread and butter with ice cream ($10). A simple buttery soft dessert but so damn delicious.


Bush is a great example of perfection in simplicity. Nothing pretentious but just full of good vibes, excellent service and super delicious food.

55 George St
Redfern NSW

Hours:
Tuesday-Saturday 12pm to 10pm


3 comments:

  1. That smash patty cheeseburger!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been SOOOOO long since I've had a burger that has absolutely blown me away! I miss the good ol burger days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a big call but I believe you! Need this. Stat.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.