Monday, July 10, 2017

Black Bear BBQ, Blacktown

The best gatherings in life in my opinion are MEATings and MEATups. In Sydney, I would normally have to travel towards the inner west or Sydney CBD surrounds for legit Central Texas style BBQ. But thanks to the new Black Bear BBQ, I no longer have to leave Western Sydney for an awesome BBQ feed.





Pit master Ben Huppatz

Black Bear BBQ's location in the middle of an Industrial area gives the place a "Down South" and Texan vibe. Pit masters Ben Huppatz, Glen Ellis and Haydn Graham has been feeding Sydney's West at their Forge Street Blacktown joint with mouthwatering smoked meats bbq cooked low and slow for 12 hours (or more). They have been smoking 12 massive briskets, around 30 racks of beef short ribs (3 bones per rack) 30 full racks of pork ribs, 45 kgs of chicken and a lot of hot links (smoky sausages) and pulled pork every session! The secret behind their deliciousness is in the special dry rub used on the meats and the blend of wood used for smoking. Since opening a few weeks ago, the line has always been massive. So far, they've only been opening on Friday nights from 5.30pm until sold out. Luckily, they did a one-off Saturday opening from 4pm. Got there at 3.30pm and I was fifth in line! Then 15 minutes later, there must've been at least 50 people behind me.

Here's what I ordered (note: all meal boxes come with slaw, pickles, potato crisps and bbq sauce):


The brisket box ($20) came with slabs of fatty and smoky beef brisket. It's legit with a visible smoke ring and it was so tender that it easily pulls apart.

The hungry bear box ($25) includes a slab brisket, hot links and pulled pork. The highlight for me was the chorizo-like links especially because it was also stuffed with cheese!

I also ordered half rack of ribs ($35), which were sweet and peppery in taste.



Last but not least is my personal favourite, their beef short rib ($25 for 1 bone). It was massive, super buttery, fatty and sweet & hella smoky!! 

For now, they will only be doing Friday night sessions from 5.30pm (check their Instagram account for updates) every week. When their renovations are done, they will be open from 5am to 2pm, Monday to Friday with a breakfast menu and coffee! These are some of the best bbq meats I've had. So check them out when you're in the area.

Black Bear BBQ
27 Forge Street
Blacktown NSW

Hours:
Monday to Friday 
Breakfast 6am to 11:30am (or until sold out)
Lunch 11:30am until 2pm (or until sold out)

Friday dinner from 5.30pm until sold out (Check their Instagram account for updates)

5 comments:

  1. ooh if they're open at 5am I'd totally do the early morning run before work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'm gonna have to wait till their reno's are done. 5am sounds a little excessive though :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome that there's a good BBQ joint so close to home! I think I know where I am going this week! Brisket box looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh damnnn! I just had lunch but now I'm hungry again, all those smokey meats look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would recommend the San Francisco event venues to anyone who is looking for a great spot or place to go and attend an event while eating and trying lesser known things. Prices are very reasonable and the staff is great!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.