Sunday, August 26, 2018

Fich at Petersham



There is no doubt that fish and chips is an iconic duo in Australia. My highschool days are full of so much great memories of visits to local fish and chips shops. The aroma in the air and music of frying batter to seeing dashes of chicken salt sprinkled on the hot chips was a jolly sensory experience for me. I have enjoyed so many fish and chips in my life but not as much as my recent visit to Fich Petersham.






Right in the center of Petersham is where you’ll find Jose Silva (Sweet Bellem co-owner & ex-Bennelong chef) and Manny Paraiso’s (also an ex-Bennelong chef) seafood restaurant. All the seafood used are fresh and top quality. From the mussels to calamari and fish.  The space has a mix of Scandinavian and coastal interior design that gives out a bright and airy relaxed feeling. I’ve been waiting for Fich to open and have been a long time follower of Manny on Instagram. So I was so excited to have finally visited them.


I tried their take on a classic, Fich and chips ($18). Hands down, this is my favourite fish and chips in Sydney right now. Fich uses a tasty, sweet and juicy New Zealand ling fish that is  battered into thick baton-like shaped and deep fried. Not only is the batter’s thick wafer- like texture amazing but it tastes so damn good too. The perfect golden hot chips appears to be battered too and is crisped on the outside and is fluffy on the inside. Both fish and chips are well seasoned. Also, you need to try this with their mayo aioli!


If you want to sample a few seafoods, then try their Ficherman’s basket ($22). Deep fried battered fish, calamari, and mussels with their perfect golden hot chips. Oh, have I mentioned how much I like their spuds??! hahaha


Also, I freakin love the watermelon kombucha here!! 



Public Service Announcement: y’all have to try their ice cream sandwich ($8 each)! It is lit fam! They rotate the ice cream flavours. We had chocolate on our visit. But the flaky sweet pastry with salted caramel is the highlight!!!! It is so damn good!


I love Sweet Bellem and their Portuguese tarts. The best in Sydney in my opion. So, I was so happy when chef Manny sent us a tweaked Sweet Bellem tart on the house (normally $7). It had strawberry, pistachio and meringue. 


If you need a reason to visit Petersham, this is it! Delicious fried fresh seafoods, crisped hot chips, decadent desserts and excellent service. 

Fich Petersham
Shop 3-4
98-106 Audley Street
Petersham NSW
Hours: Wednesday to Sunday 12pm to 9pm

Fich at Petersham Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

1 comment:

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.